The event will take place at the Research Complex at Harwell, Oxfordshire from 9-10 May 2017.
Peijun Zhang (eBIC, Diamond light Source, Harwell) at Instruct Centre Diamond light Source
Ludo Renault (NeCEN, Leiden University, Leiden) at Instruct Centre Netherlands
Bruno Klaholz (Integrated Structural Biology, IGBMC, Illkrich) at Instruct Centre France 1
Bridget Carragher (Simons Electron Microscopy Centre, New York Structural Biology Center)
Martyn Winn (CCP-EM, STFC Daresbury) at Instruct Centre for Computational Biology
Jose-Maria Carazo (CNB-CSIC, Madrid) at Instruct Centre for Image Processing
Juha Huiskonen (OPIC, Division of Structural Biology, NDM, University of Oxford) at Instruct Centre Oxford
Registration to the workshop is now open
Ray Owens , Jose-Maria Carazo, Susan Daenke
1. To share best practice across EM Centres in the delivery of EM services to both the academic and industry communities.
2. To identify common issues and solutions to specific areas of cryo-EM service provision with a focus on data processing.
3. To engage with instrument manufacturers in training and future developments.
Tuesday 9th May
13.45Welcome & Introduction
Session 1: Operational methods
14.00“New challenges in in situ cellular structural biology” Peijun Zhang (eBIC, Diamond light Source, Harwell).
14.30“The Netherlands Centre for Electron Nanoscopy – How things have changed over the last year Ludo Renault (NeCEN, Leiden University, Leiden).
15.00 "Getting high-resolution structures from a cryo-EM facility" Bruno Klaholz (Integrated Structural Biology, IGBMC, Illkrich).
16.00Break out sessions
- sample quality assessment (rapporteur: Ludo Renault).
- microscope technology development (rapporteur: Alistair Siebert).
17.30 “Lessons learned in managing a large user facility” Bridget Carragher (Simons Electron Microscopy Centre, New York Structural Biology Center)
Wednesday 10th May
Session 2: Computational methods
9.00 “Taking your cryo-EM data and metadata through the structure solution pipeline”Martyn Winn (CCP-EM, STFC Daresbury).
9.30“Image processing and its impact in cryoEM results: Assuring reproducibility “ Jose-Maria Carazo (CNB-CSIC, Madrid).
10.00 "Streamlining cryo-EM data processing and method development with Scipion" Juha Huiskonen(OPIC, Division of Structural Biology, NDM, University of Oxford).
10.30- 11.00Coffee Break
- software workflows (rapporteur: Jose-Maria Carazo)
- data management/storage (rapporteur : Martyn Winn)
13.30 eBIC tour
14.30 End of meeting
Presentations from the workshop can be downloaded via this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdcqaxr96hnnlzz/Presenta...